Backyard landscapes are as diverse as the owners who enjoy them. Most typically, we find our clients prefer backyard landscapes they will use frequently and enjoy as a private oasis. For some it’s a showpiece landscape, with blossoms appearing year-round. For others, this means a relaxing environment that’s friendly for their kids, pets and guest to gather in for visiting.
Have an eclectic collection? From ancient, rusted cars (shown) to antique farm equipment, don’t forget to include your unique belongings that show off your personality.
Some dream of having their own bocce court. Others envision a cozy nook with a fire pit. (Why not both?) If you spend summers outdoors, be sure to include the things that give you joy: plants that attract beneficial insects, bubbling water features to mask street noise, succulents and xeriscaping plants to minimize water usage. Here are just a few ideas:
- Mediterranean landscape plants to match the North Bay’s evolving climate
- English garden with roses, foxgloves and innumerable flowers
- Formal gardens (English, French or Italian) with hedges, mazes and walking patterns
- Vegetable garden in-ground or in raised planting beds
- Succulent and Cactus gardens of the southwest
- Japanese garden with minimalist, strategic plants, rocks and decoration
- Container gardens, ideal for ever-changing layouts and shifting sun requirements
- Outdoor kitchen, dining and lounging rooms
- Lawn play areas friendly for kids, pets, croquet games, golf, bocce, petanque
- Water features to divide landscape spaces